Thursday, June 4, 2009

Palash 2 & Palash 2i

Palash was one of the site which I was too eager to visit, having seen there wesbite and floor plan. I finally visited them, here goes my palash review/story.

==============================================

Palash 2.0 & Palash 2i

Location: Wakad

Palash 2 Pricing

Rate: 2950/Sqft

2BHK: 1297 Sqft (G building), 1428 sqft (F Building)

3BHK: 1633 Sqft (G Building only)

Basic Rate @ 2950 psf

2BHK (1297 Sqft) = 38,26,150

MSEB + open parking = 1,50,000

Development Charges = 50,000

Society = 10,000

Stamp duty = 1,75,000

Registration = 33,000

Total Cost  = 42,44,150


PS: The cost calculation shown above is for a 5th floor flat, flat on 8th floor will have floor rise (dont know why they charge floor rise though). For a 8th floor flat price is @ 2995 psf

 

For pricing of Palash 2i Please visit their website: http://www.palash2i.com/pdf/palash2i-pre-launch-offer.pdf

================================================

 

First time I got to know about palash was about an year back and it was exciting to go through their plans and concept of eco-living. As I was not to keen on buying a house in pune then I didn't pursued it further. And when I really got serious about buying a house, I felt palash would have been already sold.

 

I got to know about availability in palash through Ravi Karandeekar blog. Went to their site and saw their floor plans again. They were really impressive and their floor does give you a lot of details.

 

Looking at their plans I become too keen to visit their site, As I love having bigger rooms and good carpet area overall. One thing I want to mention is that floor plan I liked were of palash 2.0, which is quite expensive, being bigger in size and with a rate of 2900 Psf. Reading 2900 gave me more impetus to visit them as atleast 2900 is lower than 3300, which was their previous price.

 

I was all excited and all the way had to keep pursuading my wife that if we like palash we will book it even if that means stretching our budget. I gave her reasons which she is too fond of. She is really sensitive towards environment (Thats why you can see me carrying stuff without plastic bags, her environment fondness reming me of me carrying, a papaya in one hand and some vegetable in other). I told her about the eco living concept of palash, though I must admit I was not very convincing.

 

Once you move towards the lane which houses all the builders site, from wakad chowk you can see a big board of palash announcing palash just 500-700 Mts away. I kept moving and when I felt I had already travelled more than 700 mts, I thought had I miss it. Just then travelling few hundred mts more I found a board guiding me towards palash site.

 

Approach road is a concrete one, probably done by builder I guess. Narrow but at least there was something which didn't torture my car. Once the concrete road ends you are welcomed by stretch of road done by blocks which have quite a few potholes.

 

Reached their site, attendant told us that sir is out for lunch, we can wait till then. He meanwhile handed us the big sheets of floor plans for palash 2 and palash 2i. Once again they looked impressive.

 

I asked him if we can see a sample flat till the time sir comes back, he readily agreed. As we started moving my wife refused to move any further, I was puzzled, on querying her she showed me a board which said do not enter the site without safety helmet.

 

I had to convince her saying I was push you away and stand in the way of any falling brick (Thanks palash for giving me reason to show my love to my wife)

 

Sample flat we were seeing was of palash 2i, the compact one. And did it look compact, well yes it did. It was a straight away rejection. Another thing was that it neither looked impressive, even if we do away with the fact that it was small.

 

We then asked the guy to show us sample flat for palash 2. There is no sample flat available for upcoming building we were told. But he agreed to show us a flat in one of the already constructed building, where some people have already taken up possession.

 

Once we reached the ready flat (in some other building), we saw a crack in the wall of the living room of that flat. This was turning out to be as bad as it can. Once again though the flat was of good size, it didn't give any feeling of being different or luxurious. Yes there was a digital box in the living which they claim can control AC, gas, fans and lights. Nor did the fitting used gave any reason to cheer, they were not bad neither were they appealing, which you would expect when you are paying more than 40L for a 2BHK. 

 

Now still not being satisfied as the flat we just saw doesn't have room as big as what was there in the floor plan (Building G). We asked him if we can see building G. If the flat is not ready at least we can see it even without flooring and can get an idea. By that time some supervisor to that guy had arrived and he guided us to building G.

 

Taking us through piles of construction material, we seemed to be on a trekking mission. He took us to 3rd or 4th floor of a building and mentioned that this is the flat. What we saw there we could not understand and neither did that guy. It tough for me to put in words what was there. We were in a flat which didn't have separating walls, and all three of us were unable to understand it plan.

 

That’s where he got confused and said maybe we are on wrong floor and this could be club house (now it was my turn to get confused) He took us couple of floor higher but no use. We asked him to leave it there. Once we reached at the ground floor I read a board giving details of target set for construction and it mentioned BUILDING H, whilst we should have been seeing BUILDING G.

 

Finally he took us to building G and showed us both 2BHK and 3BHK flat, though they were not complete (They didn't had separating walls for some area). But what we could see did help us decide. The room size which had impressed me in the floor plan now was the reason which made us dis-interested. The bigger room is 11X17, which is very rectangular and once you stand inside that room you do realize that rooms should be a bit squarish. Though room was big, but it bigger in length, and that’s where we realize that there might be difficulty in arranging this room. Putting a bed along the length of the room will make room appear empty with lot of space left (Putting bed this was anyway not a very good idea as then window will at your back). Putting the bed along the breadth might not leave enough space to walk. Mind you these calculation were just imaginary and keeping in mind a king size bed which is (6.5X6.5).

 

Another thing which we didn't liked were the curves in the flat (just a personal choice). As my wife is a big fan of the cross ventilation I pointed out to her that there is provision for cross ventilation where you do have 2 windows in the same room on different walls. Being an expert at it :), yes there is indeed provision but there is no wind coming in here. Even though there were no window pane just big slots in the wall, we could not feel any air inside. Though there was quite strong breeze outside.

 

Coming to the kitchen which is open and has slabs in C shape, which I personally like. There was a small window in the kitchen which opens in a pitch dark duct. So again a chimney is a must in that kind of kitchen, as being open plan your complete living room will be filled with smoke. A window would have been good there.

 

After our site seeing the enthusiasm I had for palash was subdued. We finally went to the sales office where "Sir" had arrived. Thankfully AC was on his cabin/room. Sir appeared to be very genteel person, he spoke about his project, talking about eco living, good natured and a person you would like to talk compared to the other property salesman. He gave us the details of the costing and on being asked about any discount, we were asked about our budget. 

 

Sir told us that he can give a figure which will be his last (I guess he might not have had seen much people like us, asking for discount, as palash looks to me more like made for NRI's).

 

You must be curious to know his last figure, well I thought I wont disappoint but anyhow as you wish. He offered a discount of 2L. Which means a 2BHK for 40L and a 3BHK for 50L. 

Somehow palash was not looking that attractive to us, after seeing it, we were more disappointed by the property rather than the price.

 

18 comments:

  1. Hi
    Nice to see another blog about Pule realty. I was getting tired of Ravi's marketing.
    Anyway, had one request. Please, please, please post pictures, lots of them, of places you visit.
    Nothing says it like pictures

    Thanks
    Sonali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice way to searching flat,, I like it..

    I stay USA ,really gets wonder why Pune price is so high ,even in US price has down by
    40-50%

    Thanks
    Ravi R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nice blog to read!!!

    I agree with Above comment made by Sonali... Past one year I am reading Ravi Karandikar's blog... and really its becoming more towards maketing... Many timesafter reading it I felt its another marketing gimmick by Builders... and most of the times Ravi Karandikars articles are biased.. favoring Builders... So as a prospecive home buyers it didnt interested me...

    Nice blog and a good way to search house...

    All the best to you for your house hunt...

    BTW I am also a prospective buyer looking for house in Pune for last 2 yrs.. But still its not fitting in my pocket.. the areas where it fits in budget is too far area of interest..


    VJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great going .....Keep updating and I dont see any reason your blog will less famous then Ravi's...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice blog..well written and funny..U do represent a typical buyer like us so keep posting and let us know..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymus
    "Very nice blog..well written and funny..U do represent a typical buyer like us so keep posting and let us know"

    Thank you, glad to know you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Great going .....Keep updating and I dont see any reason your blog will less famous then Ravi's..."

    Thanks, I'm in no way trying to compete with Ravi, my purpose of writing is different and Ravi's purpose might be different. But it feels good to know that somebody is reading it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sonali

    I will try and take my camera with me in all my further visits to any site. Yet coming few of my post might still not have any pic as i have already visited quite a few sites and i dont have pictures of them. Hope you will bear with me till then.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @VJ

    All the best for your search VJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Ravi R

    "I stay USA ,really gets wonder why Pune price is so high ,even in US price has down by 40-50%"

    Thats what prompted me to write this blog, prices in pune doesn't really have any rationale. Any area in pune can command any price, its just at the mercy of builder what price they want to attach to an area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its nice blog fm a buyers perspective.

    I have been looking 4 house for some time, especially in Pune EAST. The area is developing quite well in Kharadi, but the prices seem irrational.

    Will start posting here in future, if people interested

    By the way i have bought land recently

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Mr. Commoner! Interesting post. I liked it for 2 reasons.

    1) It shows how important role real estate salesman plays in selling a flat. Most of the times by explaining important features and sometimes by hiding few "features".

    2) Your post also demonstrates how not to visit the site to all prospective property buyers. Since you have posted what not to do, let me say what should be done.

    1) First short list the features you expect in your flat. Arrange them in priority, because, for sure, you are not going to get all. Make one more list. In this list divide your expected features in 2 parts 1) Must 2) Not Must. Visit the website and see which project in your expected location, in your budget, offers these features in the planning. Visit only those projects.

    2) If there is some "unique concept", first understand that "concept" of the planning on the paper. Discuss with the salesperson. If you find it worth looking at then take the next step. When there is a senior salesperson like Madhav Gole of Palash 2 and 2i, take his help. In first 10 minutes he can confirm that you decision to visit this project was right.

    2) If there is "no concept", most of the flats don't have, then look for the shape of the flat and sizes of the rooms along with the position of the flat in the building (which you don't understand on the website.)

    If these things are OK, then finalize the flat number and go into the details.

    Here salesperson, not all but experienced salesman like Madhav Gole of Palash 2.0 and 2i, will assist you in arranging your home in that flat.

    Trained real estate salesman, who never asks you "what is your requirement? 2 bhk or 3 bhk?" as soon as you enter the site office, explains (or discusses) what i have posted here in his "intro" of the project in the first 3 - 5 minutes.

    Mr. Commoner, if you follow these points by customizing them according to your needs and liking, your choice, (after all, it's your home), i am sure you can find your dream home in first 10 minutes of your site visit.

    Because of the lack of information about the projects, I believe, we spend more time in searching the right project. If you find the right project, you take less time to finalize the flat.

    You know well, how i, Ravi Karandeekar, contribute in searching the right project in Pune real estate market. Since i am the pioneer Pune real estate blogger, few, very few, feel that i am marketing these projects.

    Of course, some fault is mine too. Because, some times my posts sound like advertising copy. I know this well. Though, I am working on it, i admit, i am improving slowly than my expectations. It looks like that, i have to work more to change habits developed in last 20 years while doing real estate advertising and marketing. I am sure, your blog is helping me to improve fast. Thanks, Mr. Commoner!

    I hope, i have added some value to your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Got the blog, I was searching for last 1.5 years on pune real estate.
    Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great blog, and very authentic comments.Just one thing to add here, most of the reviews that you put here are about those sites that are in Wakad or nearby it.
    How about adding/or including guest post where some one can put his/her reviews on other sites in pune?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a very nice blog, i liked it !
    All the best !

    ReplyDelete
  16. "How about adding/or including guest post where some one can put his/her reviews on other sites in pune?"

    That is surely i would love to have. I'm not a property salesman nor a reviewer, I have visited sites mostly in wakad and pimple saudagar. Hence all the post have been for those areas only, If anyone wants to share and use this forum to help other buyers by putting down a genuine review, there could be nothing better than that. If you have seen any property in anyother area please put send your review to me, i will be glat to post it.

    P.S: Try to have review as generic as possible, and without bias :)

    You can put the review as comment and i will post it.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Anonymous

    "This is a very nice blog, i liked it !
    All the best !"

    Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Ravi Karandeekar

    I'm out of pune on holidays and have scare time to go through your elobarate comment would reply to you once i'm back in pune.

    ReplyDelete